Stencil Making Quiz
Please do not make a blind guess or randomly select the answers to these questions, as it is a measure of what you know, and not how lucky you are.
There are a total of 21 questions.
1) Nowadays what is screen printing mesh made from?
2) Which of these images is likely to be printed using a stencil that is produced with liquid emulsion that has a face coat applied?
3) The unit measure of tension is:
4) Which of the following statements is correct?
5) In this example what does 140/355-34Y PW signify in a mesh specification?
6) Accepting that most meshes now are plain weave, what are the main characteristics of mesh that affect the ink deposit?
7) What is the hidden energy of the process?
8) Liquid emulsions and capillary film are:
9) What does EOM stand for?
10) In the printed example what are the likely causes of the loss of definition on the second R? (These have been printed off different stencils)
11) If an emulsion is not dried sufficiently, when it is exposed will it be?
12) What will you see in a developed stencil that has not been dried sufficiently ?
13) When coating the mesh wet on wet on what side should the last coat be made?
14) What instrument is used to measure the roughness of the stencil?
15) Why is it important to have as flat stencil as possible?
16) Is it better to have a?
17) The reason for coating the print side of the stencil after it has been coated and dried is to?
18) If the image on a photopositive is 1000 mm and the humidity increases by 1% rh what will be the effect on the image size?
19) What instrument is used to check the dot area and the density of the emulsion on the photopositive?
20) When printing 4 colour process what is the acceptable difference in tension between all four stencils?
21) Which flood coater profile would you use for printing four colour process?