Screen Printing Quiz
Please do not make a blind guess or randomly select the answers to these questions, as it is a measure of what you know, and not how lucky you are.
There are a total of 35 questions.
1) What are the advantages of screen printing?
2) What is the definition of printing?
3) Why was screen printing initially known as silk screen printing?
4) Which one of the following statements is correct?
5) What is the primary purpose of the flood coater?
6) Select all the correct statements with regard to the functions of the squeegee.
7) If the stencil tension is low the snap distance or off contact has to be:
8) Which one of the following statements is correct?
9) Why is it sometimes necessary to condition the substrate?
10) Which of the following statements about ink are correct?
11) Which of the following instruments should be used when checking a first off print?
12) Whose responsibility is Health & Safety in the work place?
13) How often should you clean your hands with solvents?
14) Which of the following statements are correct?
15) What is the purpose of the flood coater?
16) How should you set the flood coater if you want to accurately control the ink deposit?
17) If you wanted to print a large area of solid colour what type of flood coater would you use?
18) Which of the following provide colour in the ink?
19) How should you measure additions to ink?
20) What percentage of solvents is there in conventional UV curing ink?
21) What is the difference between a thinner and a retarder?
22) What is the instant curing process called that takes place when a UV curing ink cures?
23) Which of these two colours printed with UV inks will cure faster?
24) What forms of dryers are there?
25) Curing UV inks creates which gas?
26) Which of these two pairs is being viewed in daylight?
27) A densitometer will measure all colours and provide an accurate numerical value.
28) What instrument measures the performance of a UV system?
29) What is the ideal surface energy in Dynes/cm-1 of a substrate for UV curing inks?
30) Which of the following characteristics apply to four colour process ink?
31) What does this graphic demonstrate?
33) Which are the two forms of dot gain?
34) Which of the two images is conventional screening?
35) Four colour process printing produces every colour that can be seen by the human visual system.